My left hand is in pain, and has been tingling for the past few hours. Could this be a sign of carpel tunnel? I crochet, but this is the first pain.

Dr. Jan Szatkowski
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Possibly

Tingling and pain can have many different causes including trauma, vascular injury, positional stress (elbow bent for long periods of time), as well as nerve compression.
Signs of carpal tunnel usually involve tingling/numbness and pain of your radial three fingers (thumb, index, and long). If you are experiencing the symptoms along your small and ring finger than the ulnar nerve is involved.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Jan Szatkowski
Dr. Jan Szatkowski
Dr. Eric Weisman