I have repeated swollen eyelid gland that hurts, I bath them in hot water for a few days, this seems to cure it, only to return a week or so later?

Dr. Jon Fishburn
Ophthalmology

In brief: Hordeolum?

I presume your eyelid is affected by a sty or dysfunctional meibom glands that respond to warm compresses and cleansing, but only to return after you discontinue.
It's good that their is response. Continue the warm compresses, lid hygiene with baby shampoo, gentle eyelid massage daily. Consider taking fish oil. Check out a YouTube video on blepharitis treatment. If no help, an exam is very useful.

In brief: Hordeolum?

Dr. Jon Fishburn
Dr. Jon Fishburn