How does one get hiatal hernia? Is it causes a fat belly pushes up there stomach...

Unknown. A hiatal hernia occurs when the opening in the diaphragm for the esophagus stretches out to larger than its normal size. Since there is a negative pressure in the chest, it can actually suck the stomach into the chest over a period of years. When enough stomach is in the chest, it can cause problems with swallowing, chest pain and pressure, ulcers, and anemia. Why this happens in some people compared to others is a mystery.
Hiatal hernia . It is a diaphragm weakness in the area where the esophagus enters the abdomen and as it gets bigger it can pull part of the stomach into the chest cavity. The cause is unknown . It could be a birth defect that gets worse as you get older. It could be increase in internal abdominal pressure from obesity. But skinny people can have it to.