Hi i take 20mg prozac (fluoxetine) every morning and 5mg diazepan at night is this safe?

Dr. Donald Colantino

In brief: Safe

I believe that with these doses, the medications you're taking and the time of the dosing, there should be no significant interaction with them as Prozac (fluoxetine) is an antidepressant and diazepam is a tranquillizer which you are taking at night probably to help you sleep.
Your physician or pharmacist can give you more advice if you have further concerns.

In brief: Safe

Dr. Donald Colantino
Dr. Donald Colantino
Dr. Jeffrey Levine

In brief: Yes and no

It is safe to take Prozac (fluoxetine) and Diazepam together. However, long term use of diazepam (a benzodiazepine) can lead to tolerance, dependence, and can interfere with quality (REM) sleep.
There are safer and more effective ways to improve sleep and anxiety. On the other hand, Prozac (fluoxetine) is safe and effective for long term use. Take care!

In brief: Yes and no

Dr. Jeffrey Levine
Dr. Jeffrey Levine