Is there anything I can take to prevent yeast infections? I am going to be on strong antibiotics for Lyme & 2 co-einfections for a long time.

Dr. Booth Wainscoat
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Get a 2nd opinion

The best way to prevent yeast infection is to avoid unnecessary antibiotics.
Proper treatment of lyme disease & other tick borne infections can usually be achieved in about 2-3 weeks - if treatment is prescribed >4 weeks consider a 2nd opinion with another expert (it never hurts to ask). Alert your doctor of any new symptoms of yeast asap rather than take a preventive antifungal for yeast.

In brief: Get a 2nd opinion

Dr. Booth Wainscoat
Dr. Booth Wainscoat
Dr. Martin Raff
In my opinion you need input from an infectious diseases doctor with some experience in treating Lyme. If you received 4 wks of appropriate therapy and are not better, question the diagnosis, question whether future antibiotics are going to change anything, and whether further testing is warranted.
Dr. Jeffrey Barke

In brief: Probiotics

Nutrition is the most important.
Get on an anti inflammatory diet (www.Zonediet.Com) and take pro-biotics such as align.

In brief: Probiotics

Nutrition is the most important.
Dr. Jeffrey Barke
Dr. Jeffrey Barke
Dr. Andrea Brand