What is a proper exercise for me? I had lots of issues with chronic pain due to hip replacement and osteoarthritis in my joints. I take medication for

Manage OA. Walking is an excellent exercise if one suffers with osteoarthritis. Progression of OA can be generally minimized by losing weight, performing light weight training and low impact cardiovascular exercise (elliptical, exercise bike). Glucosamine and chondroitin supplementation can help to rebuild lost cartilage as well.
Exercise. The most effective exercise for weight loss or weigh control and cardiovascular health is low impact moderate activities such as walking or biking. Moderate exercise means that your heart rate is about 115 to 130 BPM and one can talk in a complete sentence without shortness of breath. Maintaining the moderate heart rate while exercising will lead to good fat and sugar burning.
Water excercises. Water naturally reduces the effects of gravity on worn out joints. The other benefits include quick removal of excess heat during exercise.
Gentle. Check 25-oh vit d and take sufficient. Sometimes topical magnesium oil can be helpful for pain as well. Gentle movements like qi-gong increase range of motion and improve circulation. Do exercises in a chair. Swing arms, on the out breath push against an imaginary resistance to tense the core muscles. Do short sessions of 5 minutes 6 times a day and see if you can work up to 10 minutes 6 times.