What can I do to get rid of bad headaches?

Depends on the kind. This really depends on the kind of headache we're talking about. Migraines, tension headaches, cluster headaches, withdrawal headaches, and others have very different causes and very different treatments. You need to work with your doc to figure out what kind of headache you are having. Then you can plan how to knock it out. In this case, one size does not fit all.
Pain treatment. Unfortunately, although this is a simple question the answer is not. The key to treatment is an appropriate evaluation, the making of a diagnosis(there are many different types), and the development of a treatment plan for that diagnosis. Over the counter analgesic medications may provide short term relief. Persistent headaches require an evaluation by an appropriately trained provider.