Reoccurring white spots on left tonsil, hurts, with fever?

Tonsillitus. This tonsillitis could be due to a respiratory tract virus, a strep infection, or be due to infectious mononucleosis. See your physician who will order the appropriate tests and any necessary treatment. In the meantime gargle with warm salt water and use soothing lozenges like cepestat or cepacol.

Related Questions

Hi I just recently got a sore left tonsil it's just red with no white spots I'm not sick I have no fever and no cold it hurts when I swallow?

Salt water gargles. Saltwater gargles will help if for a viral sore throat. If you're not feeling better in a few days, please see your doctor. go in if you know anyone who's had strep throat recently. You don't always see white spots. However if you really don't feel sick maybe you just swallowed something and have a scratchy throat. Or could be from allergies to Pollen etc. but then you would likely have itchy eyes or stuffy nose. Read more...
Enlarged red tonsil. Tonsils are part of the immune system & can be affected by virus, bacteria, allergies. If tissue around tonsil is inflamed, see doc right away as may have peritonsillar abscess. Viral infxn (mononucleosis) usually associated w/ swollen glands. Allergies normally would affect both sides. Try gargling with warm salt water. See doc for exam for early strep throat or abscess condition & tx options. Read more...

I'm not sure if I have strep because I dont have a fever and only white spots on just the left tonsil and not to bad of bad breath im 20 yrs?

Modified Centor scor. No one can look at you w/100% confidence & determine whether or not you have strep throat. That's where rapid strep test or throat culture comes in handy. But even that takes time & money. So we often use modified Centor score (http://www.mdcalc.com/modified-centor-score-for-strep-pharyngitis/) to determine your risk for Strep throat. Most sore throats are viral & won't respond to antibiotics. Read more...

What does white spots (no sore throat) on my left tonsil mean?

Food debris. If they are really enlarged it could be food debris that collects on surface. Try rinsing with non alcohol rinse and see if it goes away. You can also try a water pik set on real. Most importantly see your dentist. Read more...