How long should I wait before seeing a doctor with tonsillitis? No fever or symptoms other than sore throat and red spots on tonsils.

Spots on tonsils. Spots on tonsils are called an "exudate." exudates are common in many throat infections and have no specific importance in diagnosis. Persistent fever, trouble swallowing and/or pain determine need to be examined. The more intense or longer these persist, the more one needs to see the doctor.
Tonsillitis. I was going to say to watch and wait. But the spots on your tonsils worry me enough that i think you should be seen when your clinic next opens.