What are likely causes of aching in/near kidneys, left side only, with a little blood in urine? (39 yr. Male)

Dr. Sidney Vinson
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Kidney stone

Infection, tumor and nephritis are also possible though kidney stone would be the most likely cause in a male.

In brief: Kidney stone

Dr. Sidney Vinson
Dr. Sidney Vinson
Saurabh Bajpai
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Kidney stone

If no prior conditions run in your family it might be a kidney stone which is rubbing against your ureter, which is resulting in blood in your urine.
There are many conditions that can cause pain and also blood to appear in the urine. I would strongly advise to consult your doctor and even a nephrologist to get to the bottom of this asap.

In brief: Kidney stone

Saurabh Bajpai
Saurabh Bajpai
Answer assisted by Saurabh Bajpai, Medical Student
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine