Antidepressants (sertraline) aren't working anymore. Help?

Dr. Steven Griggs
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Usually another

medication is prescribed, although some psychiatrists will prescribe a second med to augment the sertraline.
Visit your prescribing MD for some suggestions. Have you also tried CBT? Therapy is usually indicated for depression.

In brief: Usually another

Dr. Steven Griggs
Dr. Steven Griggs
Dr. Danny Benmoshe
Neurology

In brief: Need to change med

Failure of an SSRI could be from many reasons including: not being on the medication long enough, not being on a high enough dose, not being able to tolerate being on a higher dose.
That being said, some people respond to one antidepressant more than another. I would recommend seeing a psychiatrist that can help you figure out which medication wiill be the best for you.

In brief: Need to change med

Dr. Danny Benmoshe
Dr. Danny Benmoshe