I had root canal treatment 1 month back. Pain subsided in a few days. But whenever I press my teeth together, the crowned teeth hurts a little. Help!

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: See your dentist

Most teeth that have undergone a root canal will not be sensitive at all.
If it persists, you should see the dentist who performed the root canal for evaluation and x-ray.

In brief: See your dentist

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin

In brief: High bite on crown?

If the root canal was done properly and the tooth crowned you should not have these symptoms.
If the root canal was over filled or under filled then there still might be some inflammation at the tip of the root. You may want to see your dentist again to check your bite and make sure the root canal done on the tooth is successful. It may also be a crack in the root.

In brief: High bite on crown?

Dr. Charles Kattuah
Dr. Charles Kattuah
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Success rate

Success rate of root canal is not 100%.
May be problem with root canal, or crown constructed "too high". See DDS first to see if crown needs to be adjusted, if not a problem, see DDS who did root canal for advice.

In brief: Success rate

Success rate of root canal is not 100%.
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine