Can sudden blindness be related to pseudotumor cerebri?

Explanation. The increased intracranial pressure does affect vision with periodic "obscurational" episodes, but sudden bilateral complete blindness does not occur. Instead the vision becomes very blurred with significant degradation which initially returns. If the pressure is not controlled, there is a steady worsening of vision that can lead to blindness.
Vision issues. Yes, this is due to the swelling around the optic disc head or nerve due to the increased intracranial pressure. If you are having these symptoms then definitely let your PCP/Ophthalmologist know for closer monitoring and evaluation. Untreated this can lead to long standing visual disturbances.