Hi I am 31 year old female, recently diagnosed with hpv, a smoker. No other health problems. I am experiencing a dry cough, some trouble swallowing tightness in upper throat.voice cutting in and out sounds hoarse Been ongoing for about 3 months.

Dr. William Culviner
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: LPR

Laryngopharygeal reflux is when a small amount of acid comes up into the throat and irritates it.
It is a common cause of dry tickle cough, chronic sore throat, lump in the the throat , post nasal drip, phlegm in the throat, and throat clearing. Many studies show it responds best to proton pump inhibitor rx, like Nexium, Dexilant, (dexlansoprazole) Protonix, etc. See an ENT MD for laryngoscopy to diagnose it.

In brief: LPR

Dr. William Culviner
Dr. William Culviner
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology