I stubbed my toe ( the one next to the pinky toe ) three days ago, and it is still badly bruised. Looks purpleish red, certain areas blackish. it's no?

Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry

In brief: Buddy taping.

As long as the stubbing has not left your toe with some obscene angular deformity, either up/down or right/ left, your toe will probably do just fine with a minimal amount of help.
The blood is from vessels that have obviously been injured. The key now is prevent further injury as well as stabilize the toe so healing can proceed uninterrupted. Splinting seems to work in most cases.

In brief: Buddy taping.

Dr. Scott Keith
Dr. Scott Keith
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: Possible fracture

Is present. A surgical or post op shoe is very helpful for toe injuries such as this.

In brief: Possible fracture

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jack Hinkle