I was told after a er visit that I have unspecified epilepsy without mention of intractable epilepsy what does this mean.? I'm also 7 months pregnant thank you for responding.

Dr. Daniel Ziegler
Emergency Medicine

In brief: See an Obstetrician

If you had a seizure during late pregnancy you most likely have preeclampsia which can be a serious complication.
You need your blood pressure checked and urine protein measured. Don't mess around, see an obstetrician today! If you've never had a seizure before then it's likely this seizure is pregnancy related. If you cant find an OB, go back to ED and ask the doc to consult the OB on call.

In brief: See an Obstetrician

Dr. Jane Van Dis