I ripped the flap of gum that was on top of my wisdom tooth while brushing my teeth.What should I do?It bleed and i rinsed with septic mouth wash.

Dr. Peter Flaherty
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Stop the bleeding

First stop the bleeding.
Use some wet gauze or cotton wipes and place over the wound and bite down. Once you get the bleeding under control you should see your dentist to evaluate the situation.

In brief: Stop the bleeding

First stop the bleeding.
Dr. Peter Flaherty
Dr. Peter Flaherty

In brief: Dentist/oral surgeon

You may upset the healing of the clot, leading to dry sockets.
Rinsing only at this point- no drinking through a straw though. Follow post-op instructions or call the dentist/oral surgeon's office if additional questions.

In brief: Dentist/oral surgeon

Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Gauze, then DDS

Using a rolled up gauze pad or if that is not available, a wet tea bag with gentle biting pressure should stop the bleeding.
Then make an appointment to see your dentist in order to evaluate whether or not there is enough room and the correct angle for the wisdom tooth to come in. If not, consider having it removed.

In brief: Gauze, then DDS

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Arnon Rubin