Panic disorder. Cause unknown. Ssris, mild anxiolytics and sedatives don't work. Only Xanax (alprazolam) 0.5mg gives relief. What should I do?

In brief: Need combo therapy

Xanax (alprazolam) alone is not sufficient therapy for your disorder and is habit forming and withdrawal can be dangerous.
I recommend that you see a psychiatrist for full evaluation and health history so you can be placed on the proper regimen.

In brief: Need combo therapy

Dr. Merrie Anne Hamburg Eylers
Dr. Merrie Anne Hamburg Eylers
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Am I an Addict

If nothing else is working my first thought is that is your panic in some way a symptom of withdrawal.
Xanax (alprazolam) is not a safe drug for routine and ongoing use because of its addictive tendency. You may need to detox to get a clear brain to start over with getting the right drug or situation to deal with your mental health problem.

In brief: Am I an Addict

Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Eric Weisman