I'm 18 severe anxiety for many years - rapid heart beat, palpitations etc. No family history, healthy weight. What my chances of heart attack/ disease?

Dr. Timothy Farley
General Practice

In brief: Very very low.

At 18, in the absence of other diagnosed heart conditions or significant family history.
.. your chances are currently very, very low. Though anxiety is a crippling condition and can cause feelings of physical problems, you are at a very low risk of any heart issues. Don't let that compound your anxiety, but I would endorse you to get seen by a mental health professional for the anxiety.

In brief: Very very low.

Dr. Timothy Farley
Dr. Timothy Farley
Dr. Sandip Buch

In brief: Chronic disease

You don't have to worry about a heart attack, heart disease in the near future given your age.
But you do need to treat your anxiety- to alleviate the symptoms of anxiety itself, and a lot of physical problems as your body is constantly exposed to stress hormones. See a psychiatrist.

In brief: Chronic disease

Dr. Sandip Buch
Dr. Sandip Buch
Dr. Eric Weisman