Face is sore and slightly swollen on the right side from the bottom of my cheek bone to my jaw line. Its very tender and feels bruised. What could be?

Dr. Louise Andrew
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Face swelling danger

With this pattern, if you have not had an injury, you could have an infection coming either from a tooth or sinus now involving the overlying skin.
This is not a safe situation, and you should be seen today if possible. Infections can spread rapidly and you probably need to be on antibiotics. Good luck!

In brief: Face swelling danger

Dr. Louise Andrew
Dr. Louise Andrew
Dr. Manuel Trujillo, jr.
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Could be many things

It could be many things.
A detailed history taken by a medical professional will help to narrow the possibilities.

In brief: Could be many things

It could be many things.
Dr. Manuel Trujillo, jr.
Dr. Manuel Trujillo, jr.