What is the latest regimen to treat severe migraine headaches?

See below. There are multiple choices of medications to treat acute and chronic migraine, with some patients responding well to one choice but not the other. For a review of the current regimens for migraine, written for patients go to http://bit.ly/1MKNPQf There are supraorbital nerve stimulating devices available or being studied that can reduce migraine http://bit.ly/1hKZ4wy.
Different Rxs: It depends on the frequency and duration of the migraine: for chronic recurring or frequent migraines ( not menstrual) I would suggest you discuss the use of prophylactic beta blockade medication and the use of NSAIDS ( Advil/Aleve )- this is a very basic approach. More sophisticated medicines are often used under a physician's supervision.