Apologies because I know this is not exactly clinical but I felt a pop in my head, almost like a twig snapping, followed by a tingling sensation like pop rocks or sand in my mouth that went away after a moment. Any ideas? No pain from it but scary.

Dr. Richard Zimon

In brief: More info..

Were these symptoms followed by a headache???? If so.
..this may have been a "migraine equivalent"....ask your Primary Care Provider about this "hunch".....

In brief: More info..

Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Popping in head

is something your doc needs to take a look at.
No need for an apology for the question. it may be completely benign or it could relate to the bony structure in your neck or something vascular. See doc and find out and have peace of mind. Peace and good health.

In brief: Popping in head

Dr. Eric Weisman