I just found out my blood was borderline elevated for autoimmune diseases. I'm only 24. What could cause this and how serious could this be?

Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Likely nothing

It depends on why the test was ordered in the first place since it is usually obtained when a patient is suspected to have an autoimmune disorder and not as a routine health screening.
Having said that , having an elevated autoantibody = higher risk to develop an autoimmune disorder even though most people do not develop the problem due to its mere presence especially in low numbers (titer).

In brief: Likely nothing

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. Andrea Brand