Had ultrasound today after a frozen embryo transfer 3 weeks agoand showed nothing. My beta doubled in 48 hours. Should I be hopeful?

Dr. Charles Gordon
Pediatrics - Adolescent Medicine

Ultrasound like all tests has a certain resolution so it pick up structures of a certain size but if the probe wasn't aimed at exactly the right place it would not detect the very small embryo.
The chemical test on the other hand is looking for a functioning ball of tissue which is increasing in size which is what you reported. Now I wouldn't go out and drink a cuvée of bubbly yet but...

Dr. Charles Gordon
Dr. Charles Gordon
Dr. Dean Giannone

In brief: Hang in there...

Might be too early to see anything on the ultrasound, but a doubling of the beta-HCG in 48 hours is an encouraging sign.
Keep getting your blood tests and ultrasound scans. Good luck.

In brief: Hang in there...

Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham