I have been having a cough for the more than a month at first I thought it was just a regular cold I have tried Nyquil, and other over the counter medications nothing has helped I now get a blood taste when I cough sometimes with green mucus.

Dr. Charles Gordon
Pediatrics - Adolescent Medicine

In brief: Allergic cough??

You don't mention any fever or production of a lot of mucus or people nearby you(family, coworkers) being ill.
That makes me think you might have a cough brought on by a post-nasal drip irritating the back of your throat and making you have a dry hacking, non-productive cough. If you have thickly feeling just a second or so before cough easily treated without antibiotics. (Benzonatate 200 q8h)

In brief: Allergic cough??

Dr. Charles Gordon
Dr. Charles Gordon
Dr. Keegan Duchicela