I have vitamin d deficiency- taking 10,000 units a week. I used to have neuropathy on my left side and now my feet and fingers are tingling a lot more than usual. Related?

In brief: Yes it's possible

Have you also been checked for Vit.
B12, folate, (folic acid) and thyroid function tests? When I give weekly Vit. D it usually hits 50,000IU so if you're that deficient enough to need replacement therapy then, I'm not sure if 10,000 is high enough. If you'd like ask more questions feel free to contact me at: www.healthtap.com/drsaghafi

In brief: Yes it's possible

Have you also been checked for Vit.
Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Dr. Dean Giannone

In brief: Need blood test.

Vitamin D deficiency is associated with peripheral neuropathy, but you'd really need a blood test for vitamin D3 level to see if you're still deficient.
I'm concerned you may not be taking enough to truly correct a deficiency. Remember, there are many other causes of neuropathy.

In brief: Need blood test.

Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Ask your doctor

We can not answer your question as we don't know what was your blood level of VitaminD and how long you have been taking It is probably not due to you taking vitamin D as 10000 unit a weak is not a very high dose,as we sometime use 50000 units to load up and followed by maintanace dose of 1000 to2000 or more daily.
But VitD level needs to be repeated to see how much maitanance dose you need daily

In brief: Ask your doctor

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: I don't think so

aha are you doing for the neuroptahy? why only the left side? did anyone ever find the etiology of that neuropathy?

In brief: I don't think so

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Donald Colantino

In brief: Vit d

If your vitamin d level is still too low, this could explain your symptoms.
Recheck your levels of calcium as well as vit D. Some people require as much as 100,000 units of D per week due to absorption problems. Also make sure that your serum calcium,magnesium and potassium levels are normal. If you're having difficulty with these levels, consult an endocrinologist.

In brief: Vit d

Dr. Donald Colantino
Dr. Donald Colantino
Dr. Rebecca Gliksman

In brief: Vit D deficiency

i am not sure there is a relationship.
Would check current Vit D level midweek and calcium levels. . Do you have an underlying condition like Crohn"s, IBS ?, as there may be other vitamin deficiencies like B12, Would also check for diabetes and check TSH ( thyroid), mg, potassium, phosphorus . rarely consider MS F/U with doc

In brief: Vit D deficiency

i am not sure there is a relationship.
Dr. Rebecca Gliksman
Dr. Rebecca Gliksman
Dr. Vikram Patel