Recent CT scan indicated mild thickening of left adrenal gland unchanged. I get heart palpitations when I lie on my left side. Is this serious?

Dr. David Lipkin

In brief: Nothing serious

CT findings and palpitations are unrelated.
If you are otherwise well, with no history of cancer, the mild thickening is most often unimportant. Palpitations are do to a sudden racing of the heart, or to premature heartbeats that feel like a skipped beat or a quick flutter. These palpitations are usually not an indication of heart disease. SEE http://bit.ly/1vlj5cr but if they persist see your DR

In brief: Nothing serious

Dr. Richard Reams

In brief: Fairly common

Dear Sir, I am not sure what you have been told about your adrenal gland in the past but it is sometimes common to see changes as we get older. However it could mean something if your heart continues to give you problems.
It is also common to see individuals with palpitations in different positions or things that they do. Most cases this is not serious but be sure and discuss with your provider.

In brief: Fairly common

Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology