I had a CT done w/ IV & oral contrast w/a lil barium, but one thr scan my appendix did not show. I'm really thin too. Why? My ovaries showed though.

Dr. Paul Velt
Diagnostic Radiology

In brief: Thin

When you do not have a good amount of mesenteric fatty tissue the loops of bowel are close together. This will sometimes hide the normal appendix.
If there are no secondary signs the appendix is inflammed, then it is less likely to be inflammed. The ovaries in young ladies and the pelvis in general may have more fatty tissue around and less bowel and can be seen.

In brief: Thin

Dr. Paul Velt
Dr. Paul Velt
Dr. Adam Levy