Can a oral mucocele be a sign of hiv? 2 weeks ago I shook hands with a lady and I had a small cut on my hand from a couple days before. It was still bleeding a little. Do not know if she had any cuts. Yesterday I found a oral mucocele on my inner lip. I

Dr. John Comisi
Dentistry

In brief: Unlikely

Typically mucoceles associated with a blocked minor salivary duct typically from some type of traumatic or chemical injury to the tissue in the oral cavity.
This blockage allows an accumulation of salivary fluid that normally would be placed into the mouth to collect in the tissue instead. If it persists, I would have it examined by your dentist to be sure.

In brief: Unlikely

Dr. John Comisi
Dr. John Comisi
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: No

A microcell is not viral in origin.
It's caused when a minor salivary gland duct becomes injured or blocked. See your Dentist for Rx.

In brief: No

A microcell is not viral in origin.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Jane Van Dis