Walking and running on a treadmill for 4 mile help me lose weight or I need to do more?

Dr. TRUC DAO
In brief: Walk run benefit
Medicine declares walking fast 1h as good for cardiovascular system as jogging 45mn, spends more calories running than walking.
1h/d is rational as we work. My psych patients needs more activities for their mind=exercise walks drains stresses from "head to finger tips" then released in the air by the time they come home de-stressed + sleep better. I demand 1h walk twice/d as patients to not work.

In brief: Walk run benefit
Dr. TRUC DAO
Dr. TRUC DAO
Garrett Caldwell
In brief: Excercise
Walking 4 miles on a treadmill a day will most likely help you lose weight.
However, you have to make sure you watch your caloric intake. If you eat a lot more food to make up for the exercise you won't lose any weight and may in the end put more on. The best thing is to eat right along with your exercise. Keep up the good work!

In brief: Excercise
Garrett Caldwell
Garrett Caldwell
Answer assisted by Garrett Caldwell, Medical Student
You and Dr. Brown should both be commended for a commitment to fitness.
Dr. Alan Ali
In brief: Wt.
Diet + exercise + life-style modifications.

In brief: Wt.
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
In brief: More
More.

In brief: More
More.
Dr. Marek Lutrzykowski
Dr. Marek Lutrzykowski
Morgan Daul
General Practice
In brief: Absolutely!
Absolutely! the key to weight loss is simple: burn off more calories than you take in.
By keeping your diet in check and walking/ running several times a week you are bound to loose the weight. If you are truly dedicated to loosing weight, keep a diary of what you're eating on a daily basis and record any exercise you're doing and discuss your plans with your primary care physician!

In brief: Absolutely!
Morgan Daul
Morgan Daul
Answer assisted by Morgan Daul, Medical Student
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine