I am often getting more bloody noses. However, I only bleed from the right nostril. I also have thrombocytopenia. Shouild I see my pcp or hematologist?

Dr. David Astrachan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: ENT

Go to an ENT doctor. You probably have a bleeding site on your septum that can easily be cauterized.

In brief: ENT

Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Two issues

I recommend you to go to see your ENT for nose bleeding- to evaluate your right nostril- perhaps some fragile blood vessels/anatomical abnormality etc.
Now, for your thrombocytopenia, start with pcp. If your pcp thinks that your case is more complex, then you will need to see a hematologist to sort it out. Hope it helps.

In brief: Two issues

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine