I had a cold sore on my lower lip a year ago and when it healed a skin tag appeared. I have cut it off twice and it's coming back again.

Dr. Anne Phelan-adams

In brief: That might not be...

...a skin tag.
It could be scar tissue. Every time you cut it off, it may be healing with more scar tissue. If it is a skin tag, it needs to be removed completely to prevent recurrence. I don't recommend self-surgery. Leave it alone, let it heal and make an appointment to see a dermatologist, an oral surgeon or an Ear, Nose & Throat doctor.

In brief: That might not be...

...a skin tag.
Dr. Anne Phelan-adams
Dr. Anne Phelan-adams
Dr. Joel Sabean
Dermatology

In brief: See a dermatologist

With a tag that recurs, when it is removed again, it should be biopsied to confirm what it is and the base treated with electrocautery or a co2 laser to prevent recurrence.

In brief: See a dermatologist

Dr. Joel Sabean
Dr. Joel Sabean
Dr. Adam Levy