I've had small bumps reoccur in my mouth and they're slightly painful. They occur on my inner cheeks, inside upper/lower lip, and on gums sometimes. What do I do?

In brief: Possible herpes

If only on the inside of cheeks and lips, it could be blocked salivary glands but unlikely.
Have you been exposed to herpes?

In brief: Possible herpes

Have you been exposed to herpes?
Dr. Bradley Dykstra
Dr. Bradley Dykstra
Dr. Franklin Allen
Dentistry

In brief: Apthous ulcers

Usually white in center and red around edges.
We don't know for certain what causes it. Stress, foods, trauma, viruses.....Some possibilities. No real cure either. A dentist can help make it more comfortable. If you have other symptoms to go along with it, swollen lymph nodes, genitourinary, eyes... See an md it could be a long list of things.

In brief: Apthous ulcers

Dr. Franklin Allen
Dr. Franklin Allen

In brief: Salivary glands

Small independent salivary glands can occasionally get blocked or fill quicker than they can release their contents.
These small randomly located glands are referred to as ectopic salivary glands. They can become active when you are hungry or eating certain things that are salty or sour. They are not dangerous or anything to be concerned about, but if they cause you discomfort, tell your dentist.

In brief: Salivary glands

Dr. Herbert Mendelson
Dr. Herbert Mendelson
Dr. Barry Levin
Dentistry - Periodontics

In brief: Possible virus

This could be a sign of a virus like herpes simplex 1 ( not an std).
It may also be an allergic reaction to ingredients like tartar-control agents in toothpaste. It's best to see your dentist for evaluation.

In brief: Possible virus

Dr. Barry Levin
Dr. Barry Levin
Dr. Arnon Rubin