I have gap in the middle of my front teeth and i consulted my denti. and gave me 2 options to wear a retainer or braces.i know to know what is best...

In brief: See orthodontist

Go to an orthodontist for a consultation period.

In brief: See orthodontist

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Braces

Braces are still the gold standard, and are more effective than removable appliances.
Please see a fully qualified Orthodontist for the best answer to your question.

In brief: Braces

Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Orthodontist

Get an opinion from a board certified orthodonitst.

In brief: Orthodontist

Dr. Daniel Wolter
Dentistry

In brief: Not the Same

A "retainer" and "braces" are not the same thing.
They aren't interchangeable. There may have been a misunderstanding. A ''retainer" will hold the space as it is...so it won't get bigger. It MAY also improve it slightly. "Braces," on the other hand, will close the space completely and align your other teeth, too. After "braces," you will need a "retainer" to hold the teeth in their new positions.

In brief: Not the Same

Dr. Thomas Yash
Dentistry

In brief: Good choices

Orthodontically closing the gap between your front will be effective whether it is with a removable appliance like Invisalign or standard braces.
Which do you like? The ortho doc will evaluate how to correct your issues. They will also will make sure that the tissues is not preventing from closing the gap. Make sure that you wear your retainer following your active therapy to prevent relapse.

In brief: Good choices

Dr. Marsha Davis