Hi I have had a sore throat for 1 day and this morning I awoke with a sensation of tightness in my lower thoat when breathing in.?

Several possibilitie. Sounds like you're worried about infection.. Possible, especially if you have fever. Swollen red spots it tissue in back of throat could be infection. Also acid reflux from stomach could produce similar symptoms w/out fever. If it's the latter expect more frequent symptoms. There is relatively goo d treatments for this problem--and treatment is good idea to prevent complications,
Persistance of infec. This is most likely ongoing infection but you need to see your physician since you are having lower throat tightness with breathing.