What can I do for a tooth ache?

Pain treatment. A persistent tooth ache needs to be evaluated by an appropriately trained provider. Untreated it can potentially lead to more serious conditions.
Home remedies? This is a tough one. Certainly non-steriodals like Ibuprofen can help to take the edge off the pain. Sometimes a tooth ache is transient, or fleeting. However, there are times when there is indeed a problem that requires care. In these cases Ibuprofen may make the discomfort more tolerably but will not remove the cause of the problem. Seeing a dentist is best in these cases.
See dentist. Dental pain can be caused by hypersensitivity, but may also represent a cavity or more serious infection surrounding the tooth.
Toothache. If you have a toothache you can see your dentist! A toothache untreated can lead to abscesses and serious infections. Also you can get periodontal disease. Bad oral hygiene can lead to stroke, heart attack, endocarditis and other problems from bacteria and emboli.
Combo. Take 3 advil and 2 tylenol (acetaminophen) every 6 hrs if u are over 150 lb. Oil of cloves works well too! Oh and seeing a dentist asap would be the best choice.
Pain is a good! Especially with teeth but true with the whole body in general. Pain is a good indicator something is wrong. You put your hand in a fire, it hurts, you pull it out, further damage averted! Your tooth is no different, pain usually means you have issues that needs attention and should not be ignored. Please find a dentist to help you, the pain will likely get worse till you do.