Pain on the left side of my throat, chills, runny nose, sore neck, no tonsils. Cause?

Viral vs Strep?? This could be a viral infection or strep throat. Usually strep throat does not have cold like symptoms such as runny nose and congestion but just sore throat. However impossible to tell unless seen and get strep test of throat.
Exam. You may have either a viral or bacterial pharyngitis ( throat infection). Best to get examined and tested for streptococcal infection, which will require a throat culture or quick-stept test. If viral, I recommend both zinc lozenges ( Cold Eze) , lots of tea, honey and warm water gargles: Tylenol (acetaminophen) for pain if needed.