Is annal sex bad?

Dr. Eric Kaplan
Surgery - Colorectal
In brief: Potentially
The anus is an exit not an entrance, and so i discourage my patients from partaking.
Besides the risk of infection including std's, you risk damage to the sphincter mechanism that can not be repaired, leaving you with variable incontinence. Not worth the risk!

In brief: Potentially
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Eric Kaplan
2 comments
Dr. George Klauber
Overall agree with Dr. Kaplan. However, Anal sex is the preferred form of sex for majority of sexually active gays. A number of heterosexual couples find the thought of anal sex exciting. Male partner needs to be gentle, patient and use plenty of water soluble lubricant. Also be prepared to stop or withdraw if partner finds the experience too unpleasant or painful.
Dr. Thomas Namey
Can be engaged without danger following Dr. Kkaubers comments!
Dr. Christiaan Maurer
It is in fact safe for the most part.
Yes you can get and transmit std's but the risk of trauma is low with lots of anal foreplay and lots of lubrication.

It is in fact safe for the most part.
Dr. Christiaan Maurer
Dr. Christiaan Maurer