Whenever I am running at around half a mile I get extremely bad cramps in the lower abdomen. What may this be from?

Dr. John Thaler
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: Stitch

If it is just under your ribcage, it is commonly referred to as a "stitch".
It is a spasbm of your diaphragm muscle which you use to breath. Many people press on the area to help it go away. Best to stop and walk until it passes. As you continue to run on a regular basis this should pass. Good Luck. (USAT Level I coach)

In brief: Stitch

Dr. John Thaler
Dr. John Thaler
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Bowel cramping

Very common. Your PCP may prescribe a medication such as Bentyl (dicyclomine) to decrease bowel cramping.
See your PCP for consultation.

In brief: Bowel cramping

See your PCP for consultation.
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Steven Seres