Prescribed adderal ir 30mg 3x day & neurontin (gabapentin) 1200 mg (nerve damage) can I take neurontin (gabapentin) at night as one dose? Does neurontin (gabapentin) effect adderall working

In brief: Clarification

Neurontin does not interact with most drugs and will not affect your Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine).
Since it has a short duration of action, cannot be taken once daily but needs thrice daily dosing. A gabapentin preparation, Gralise, however, can be taken once daily at night.

In brief: Clarification

Dr. Lisa Rankin
ADHD & Autism

In brief: A little much

Adderall three times a day is higher than usual dose and Neurontin (gabapentin) is typically split up two to three times a day with that dose and you may not get benefit the next day if taken all at once.
If you truly need those higher doses I would ask about genetic testing that allows you look at pathways of metabolism in the liver so you can better fine tune regimen and decrease dosing.

In brief: A little much

Dr. Lisa Rankin
Dr. Lisa Rankin
Dr. Vikram Patel