Dosage of Bromfed (brompheniramine) for 14 lb infant? Ped prescribed my 10 month old Bromfed (brompheniramine) for her cough: dose is 1/2 tspn/4hrs. Def not the right dose for her.

Dr. Joseph Bouvier

In brief: See below

Per fda recs, no otc meds for kids under 4 year old let alone under 1 year of age! and as per these meds for your infant, i can't understand why your doc would do this period! cough meds are not beneficial especially in and infant and can, in fact, cause problems like increase the risk of developing a pneumonia.
I would stop the med immediately!

In brief: See below

I would stop the med immediately!
Dr. Rodrigo Argenal

In brief: Not recommended

Although sometimes used, cough and cold meds are seldom helpfull and can be dangerous in kids under 4 years of age.
It would be much better to use nasal saline drops frequently and in sufficient amount to clear nose and more "natural" remedies for cough such as vapor rub. Remember cough is a protective mechanism to keep lungs clean of phlegm.

In brief: Not recommended

Dr. Shontae Buffington