The pain is mostly in the front thigh. I used to do moderate exercise which include jogging for 15-20 mins. I took a 2 month break. After that every time I jog even for two mins or do strenuous leg exercises the thighs get heavy and sore. ?

Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Thigh muscle

The muscles in the front of the thigh include the medial and lateral as well as the middle thigh muscles.
With pain in this location we need to have an evaluation of your hip, the other muscles of the anterior thigh such as the psoas muscles. This is something you're going to have in an evaluation even a hernia could cause a problem. Defined muscles are the rectus femoris, thelateralis andefined muscles are the rectus femoris, the best is lateralis and vastus medialis

In brief: Thigh muscle

Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine