I sprained my knee and was given a knee brace how long do I or should I wear the knee brace before my muscles may not shift any more?

Dr. Jalal Zuberi

In brief: -3-4 weeks

While the doctor/healthcare facility advising such interventions and prosthetics are generally good in explainIng their use and duration, sometimes we don't the needed details.
A best way to see if you still need the support would be to try walking without them and not feeling any discomfort. In the meantime, continue with some physical therapy to prevent muscle weakness.

In brief: -3-4 weeks

Dr. Eric Fete
Emergency Medicine

In brief: One week

It depends on your injury.
who gave you the brace? I would wear for a week and get it re-accessed by a physician. If it is very swollen and/or weak (cannot bear weight on it) you need to be seen right away

In brief: One week

It depends on your injury.
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine