Could fludrocortisone cause reflex bradycardia if blood volume increases too much increasing central pressures?

Dr. Ira Friedlander
Cardiology - Cardiac Electrophysiology

In brief: Theoretically

It is possible that you could get reflex bradycardia from volume increase but the amount of volume required to trigger this reflex would not be achievable with florinef (fludrocortisone) alone.
Bradycardia is a common response in dysautonomia which florinef (fludrocortisone) is used for in treatment. I suspect the reflex bradycardia is actually the physiologic response from dysautonomia not volume overload.

In brief: Theoretically

Dr. Rashed Hasan
Pediatrics - Critical Care

In brief: High BP

Reflex bradycardia can occur when blood pressure is too high

In brief: High BP

Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine