Does baby toothpaste with xylitol n no fluoride safe to swallow everyday? I brush her teeth everyday and she still cant rinse her mouth (20mos old).

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Fluoride

ffluoride is essential to the health of your child's teeth.
Decision as to what type of toothpaste to use should be discussed with a Pediatric Dental Specialist. This is just one of the many reasons that the American Dental Assn recommends 1st dental examination at 1st b'day. Whatever toothpaste you choose, remember to use only a pea-sized portion, not the big ribbon they show in advertisements

In brief: Fluoride

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Baby toothpaste

Use a thin smear of toothpaste or a dot the size of a grain of rice.
After her third birthday, you can use a pea-size amount. If you already haven't done so, have her seen by a Pedodontist and follow his\her recommendations. Ask about Fluoride and Xylitol. I would also be more concerned about what foods and liquids to avoid that might contribute to decay than which type of baby toothpaste used.

In brief: Baby toothpaste

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Excellent advice
Dr. Jane Van Dis