Hii i quit smoking several months ago but in the last week or so i noticed my breathing is quite bad and i cant seem to get a full intake of breath. I have to yawn or lie down to get a full intake.what could this be?

Dr. Christine Musello
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Smoking calmed you

You are making a connection between quitting smoking & having trouble breathing.
But physically, quitting improves lung function over time. However,people use smoking as a time out, a way to self-soothe, a response to stress and many other emotional needs. Perhaps the shallow breathing is caused by the underlying anxiety you use to manage with smoking.If so, you may need another stress reliever!

In brief: Smoking calmed you

Dr. Christine Musello
Dr. Christine Musello