I am having throbbing pain where I had an dental implant 12 days ago. Dr says no sign of infection and that implant looks fine.Any idea what is wrong?

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Wait 3 weeks

If you still have pain three weeks post surgery; it is a compression of the bone in which case the implant needs to be reevaluated by an oral surgeon.
Good luck!

In brief: Wait 3 weeks

Good luck!
Dr. Gary Chapman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Hard to say

Several questions need to be answered.
Which tooth? Upper or lower jaw? How long has previous tooth been missing? Do you have periodontal disease? Do you smoke? Is the tooth on the implant yet? 12 days later throbbing pain is unusual. You may need to have someone else, preferably an oral surgeon take a look. Good luck and I wish you a beautiful smile for your entire life.

In brief: Hard to say

Several questions need to be answered.

In brief: Implant pain

Impossible to make a diagnosis without a clinical/visual and radiographic examination, and additional information about the pre- and post-op condition and location of the implant site.
Make sure you follow-up with the implant surgeon. If pain continues, call the surgeon

In brief: Implant pain

In brief: Inflammation

The area is inflamed. Have your dentist closely monitor the site.

In brief: Inflammation

Dr. Marsha Davis