I had a big fall last week and my wrist is very bruised and I'm in a lot of pain I went to a&e yesterday and wasn't given an X-ray, should I have been given one? Ore even given a splint/cast to protect it?

Dr. Sewa Legha
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: It depends

It is not difficult to tell a broken bone in the wrist area.
If you can move your wrist(lower arm) freely and bend it around, then it is unlikely to be broken. Yet if the pain is not getting better you should get another doctor to examine you and he/she may do an X-ray of the wrist or lower arm. That is the best way to rule out a fracture. A splint can help ito relive the pain in your wrist/joint.

In brief: It depends

Dr. Sewa Legha
Dr. Sewa Legha
Dr. Vikram Patel