Sprained my finger a week ago. Swelling in knuckle joint and pain experienced when moving it. Limited mobility. I have it buddy tape. Any suggestions?

Dr. Sharon Ann Clark
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: R/O Ligament vs. Fx.

How did this injury occur? Which finger is involved? Since you buddy taped it, it is most likely the long or ring or little fingers.
An x ray needs to be done to rule out a chip fracture. Treatment of choice is often ice 20 min. on/ 20 min. off to decrease swelling. Elevation& Warm soaks followed by ice to decrease swelling and inflammation. Motrin or Advil (ibuprofen) may help. No gripping See a Hand surgeon

In brief: R/O Ligament vs. Fx.

Dr. Sharon Ann Clark
Dr. Sharon Ann Clark
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine