Mirena (levonorgestrel) inserted 12 days ago.It has been light brown discharge for a week,but bright red blood in the discharge today with cramps. Day 16 since period.

Dr. Brian Nguyen

In brief: Irregular bleeding

It is not uncommon to experience unpredictable, irregular bleeding or spotting with the IUD in place for the first 3 months.
it is not uncommon to experience I'm predictable, I ever get there leaving for fighting with the i_u_d in place the first 3 months. This is not a big concern unless it is associated with severe pain or bleeding or malodorous discharge

In brief: Irregular bleeding

Dr. Brian Nguyen
Dr. Brian Nguyen
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham