Mirena (levonorgestrel) inserted 12 days ago. It has been light brown discharge for a week, but bright red blood in the discharge today with cramps. Day 16 since period.

Irregular bleeding. It is not uncommon to experience unpredictable, irregular bleeding or spotting with the IUD in place for the first 3 months. it is not uncommon to experience I'm predictable, I ever get there leaving for fighting with the i_u_d in place the first 3 months. This is not a big concern unless it is associated with severe pain or bleeding or malodorous discharge.